Pest Control Mice
Having mice in your home is more than an inconvenience – they are unsanitary and their droppings have been implicated as potential asthma triggers in children, hence why it’s important to contact a mice pest control specialist.
They can multiply quickly and will do significant damage to your home and furniture through their gnawing activities. They will also contaminate food and other materials through the droppings they leave behind. Not only are mice destructive they have even been implicated in causing house fires after chewing through electrical cables.
Signs of Mice
The typical signs of a mouse problem are:
- Scratching noises – in the walls or ceilings as mice scurry around.
- Droppings – mice leave small, dark droppings particularly along walls, in cupboards or under sinks.
- Distinctive smell – mice leave an ammonia-like smell that will be particularly strong in more enclosed areas such as under cupboards.
- Damage – mice have teeth that grow continuously and will gnaw on wood, plastic, cables and other hard materials to keep their teeth shorter.
- Nests – mice build nests with shredded material such as newspaper and fabrics. These will tend to be in hidden places such as behind fridges. Nests will often contain young mice.
If you spot any of these signs, contact a mice pest control specialist immediately.
Contact us today for all your pest control requirements.