Rat Pest Control Perth
Rodents traps and baits
Rodents – or any other pests in your home or garden not only pose serious health risks but can also damage the fabric and structure of buildings and destroy crops, flowers etc.
Rats in your home are a serious pest problem, even if they are not in your living areas. Any rat problem inside the home should be treated immediately because they can cause significant damage to wiring and have even been known to chew through floor joists and walls. They can also cause damage to your homes insulation.
How to rid your home, office or business of rodents
Rodent treatments can vary from simple spring loaded traps to ‘sticky boards’, baits or live catch traps.
allrid recommends using traps and sticky boards for residential homes.
If you have a commercial space or business
Wise boxes are recommended for commercial locations such as hospitals, commercial kitchens and office buildings. Wise boxes attract, trap and eliminate rodents. The mice are disposed of inside the box and sealed in an odour free bag. When this happens, it triggers a text message which notifies an allrid pest control technician to service the traps.
This is a safe, effective and odour free method in which no chemicals are used which makes it the perfect solution for buildings that require the highest levels of hygiene.
Rats in the yard and outside can also present tremendous risk, particularly since those areas are visited by children and pets. Rats can also significantly undermine hill sides, retaining walls and other similar structures through their burrowing activity.
A crucial step in eliminating rats in your home is to remove whatever is attracting them to your home in the first place including food, water, and shelter.
Signs of Rats
Rats are nocturnal and usually hide from humans, so the typical signs of a rat problem in the home are:
- Scratching noises – in walls or under the floor as rats scurry around.
- Droppings – rats leave dark, tapered droppings about 3/8″ – 9/16″ long.
- Distinctive smell – rats leave an ammonia-like smell that will be particularly strong in enclosed areas such as under cupboards.
- Damage – rats have teeth that grow continuously and gnaw on wood and plastic to keep them trim. Rats can even cause fires by chewing through cables.
- Ripped food packaging – rats will tear open food which may leave teeth marks.
- Nests – rats build nests in warm, hidden places using shredded material such as newspaper and fabrics. Nests will often contain young rats.
- Burrows – In gardens, rats will dig burrows especially in compost heaps or under sheds. They will also build nests under garden decking.
Having mice in your home is more than an inconvenience – they are unsanitary and their droppings have been implicated as potential asthma triggers in children.
They can multiply quickly and will do significant damage to your home and furniture through their gnawing activities. They will also contaminate food and other materials through the droppings they leave behind. Not only are mice destructive they have even been implicated in causing house fires after chewing through electrical cables.
Signs of Mice
The typical signs of a mouse problem are:
- Scratching noises – in the walls or ceilings as mice scurry around.
- Droppings – mice leave small, dark droppings particularly along walls, in cupboards or under sinks.
- Distinctive smell – mice leave an ammonia-like smell that will be particularly strong in more enclosed areas such as under cupboards.
- Damage – mice have teeth that grow continuously and will gnaw on wood, plastic, cables and other hard materials to keep their teeth shorter.
- Nests – mice build nests with shredded material such as newspaper and fabrics. These will tend to be in hidden places such as behind fridges. Nests will often contain young mice.